Data Archives and Their Prospects in East Asia Collaborative Data Collection, Dissemination, and Data Sharing
- Organized and sponsored by the Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo
- 14, March, 2008,14:30-17:30
- 549, Akamon General Research Building, University of Tokyo (Hongo Campus)
The symposium aims at sharing information about the social science data archiving resources in East Asia, as well as on-going collaborative data collection activities in East Asia. We invite experts from China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Germany and ask them to provide us with the introduction to the current state of data resources and their availability in each nation.
- Ekkehard MOCHMANN (Administrative Director of the Central Archive for Empirical Social Research at the University of Cologne (ZA) and Director of GESIS (German Social Science Infrastructure Services), Germany
- Yanjie BIAN （Chair Professor of Social Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Professor of Sociology, University of Minnesota, U.S.A.)
- Sang-Wook KIM (Professor of Sociology and Principle Investigator, Korean General Social Survey, Survey Research Center, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea)
- Yang-chih FU (Director, Institute of Sociology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan)
Professor Mochmann Professor Bian
Professor Kim Professor Fu
In order to enlarge these pictures below, click on the picture which you would like to see.