We are inviting interested participants to the SSJDA Seminars. The SSJDA Seminars provide young researchers from overseas the opportunity to exchange research ideas and present their latest empirical research results in the field of social sciences, thereby building an international network of young researchers. Please check the SSJDA Seminar Guidelines for details.
The SSJDA Seminar [22nd November (Mon), 2021] "Love Action and Predestined Community of Wuhan Anti-epidemic Volunteer Service″
- Date & Time
- 22nd November (Mon), 2021, 11:00－12:00
- Love Action and Predestined Community of Wuhan Anti-epidemic Volunteer Service
- Shuai Chi (Nankai University）
- Tomoyo Toyota (The University of Shimane), Asei Ito (The University of Tokyo)
- Previous studies on the relationship between non-governmental organizations and government organizations are mainly based on the perspective of the relationship between the state and society. Through case studies, they analyze and summarize the different relationship models between the two parties, and pay more attention to the normal operation of voluntary service, but relatively lacks a dynamic perspective to show the organizational development process of volunteers. This paper starts with the love action of the volunteer groups established temporarily after the lockdown of Wuhan City, analyzes the self-construction process of non-governmental volunteer organizations, and understands the development trend of these relationship models by showing the community consciousness of voluntary service, integrating structure analysis with action analysis. It is found that the diversity and personalization of civil voluntary service can make up for the lack of legitimacy, but with its own systematization, the institutional characteristics of voluntary service will become more and more obvious, and voluntary service groups will gradually cooperate with government agencies to establish a greater community of destiny.
Please register with this link
※Registration Deadline : Thursday, November 18th, 2021
If the registration link doesn't work, please contact us at seminarcsrda[at]iss.u-tokyo.ac.jp
- Handling of Personal Information
We collect personal information to provide you with information about our seminar. We will not disclose personal information to third parties except where it is legally obligated to do so.
- You can download the poster here
- The SSJDA Seminar [22nd November (Mon), 2021] "Love Action and Predestined Community of Wuhan Anti-epidemic Volunteer Service″
- The SSJDA Seminar [10th February (Wed), 2021] "Ambidextrous Leadership and Innovative Behavior: The Moderating Role of Gender Diversity Climate″
- The SSJDA Seminar [4th August (Tue), 2020] Does Experience Sharing Affect Farmers' Pro-environmental Behavior? A Randomized Controlled Trial in Vietnam
- The SSJDA Seminar [24th March (Tue), 2020] The Global Gag Rule and Women's Reproductive Health: Rhetoric Versus Reality
- The 3rd SSJDA Seminar [18th October (Fri), 2019]A Job Market for Unmarried People?
- The 2nd SSJDA Seminar [25th June (Tue), 2019]Where it matters to be the only one: new comparative evidence on the performance of only-children from PISA 2000 and ISEAD
- The 1st SSJDA Seminar Do Immigrants Crowd Out Natives From Their Residential Neighborhoods?: Evidence from Seoul, Korea.
※Please replace [at] with @.