How to Deposit Your Data
The basic steps for making a deposit are as follows:
- Fill out the depositor registration form and contact SSJDA.
- Register necessary information and data (micro data, questionnaire, survey report, etc.) on the "depositor's my page."
- Respond to any inquiries or questions from the SSJDA.
The SSJDA converts the provided data into the standard (SPSS, Stata and CSV) format, examines the content, and creates a code book. The Archive also creates a survey outline and adds it to our data base along with the questionnaire(s). Some questions may be raised during this process.
Neither the depositor nor the Center is required to pay for data deposit.
Because the SSJDA exists for academic purposes, the costs involved in data deposit are not charged on either side of the parties.
The Materials Required for Deposit
Depositor registration form --> only in Japanese
- Micro Data
- Micro data that are saved in formats such as SPSS, Stata, and CSV are accepted without conversion. For other formats, please contact SSJDA.
- Survey Report and Related Materials
The result of a previous analysis provide background information for a secondary analysis. So please submit two copies of the survey report. If the report does not refer to research methods, please submit a summary of the methods, too. These reports will be made available to the users if requested.
- Questionnaire Format
If this information is included in the survey report, this will not be necessary.
- Materials That Show the Micro Data Format
These are materials in TEXT format that show line location of each item. If you submit the data in SPSS format, this information is not necessary.
Other necessary materials, which are the Code book, determination of statistical weight, and other items and information necessary for secondary analysis.