International Conference on Data Preservation and Dissemination in Tokyo, 2015
The aim of this international conference is to understand the latest trends in storing and reusing data on social science in Europe. The Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA) was formed in Europe in the 1970s as a private organization in which data archives from every nation are affiliated; its history of international cooperation regarding the storage and reuse of data on social science extends over forty years.
CESSDA became officially established as an organization with an independent corporate status, and upgraded the storage and mutual usage of data in Europe. CESSDA cooperates closely with the data archives of its member nations, and conducts activities for further high-degree applications and research support for data on social science in Europe.
We have invited two experts from the Finnish Social Science Data Archive (FSD), one of the participating archives in the new CESSDA, to this conference. We will be hearing about the current situation of CESSDA from the perspective of FSD on the institutional and technical aspects. We look forward to your participation as this is a prime opportunity to hear about the rapidly changing situation in Europe from local experts.
Materials used on the day can be downloaded here.
- Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo
- Center Conference Room (Room 549), Akamon General Research Building, Hongo campus, University of Tokyo
- Date and Time
- Friday, February 13, 2015, 14:00-17:15(JST)
- English (no interpreter provided)
- Matti Heinonen, Senior Systems Analyst, Finnish Social Science Data Archive
- Providing services for Finland, CESSDA, and others from the perspective of an IT practitioner